These are the rules I live by:
- When someone or something disappoints me, I eat burrata. That way, my worst-case scenario is always burrata.
- Whenever my life starts to feel meaningless, I do something kind for someone else.
- If I find myself feeling sorry for myself, I listen to “How Soon is Now?” and laugh at how seriously Morrissey takes himself and think about how I don’t want to be like him.
- If I don’t like myself now, I will in two weeks.
- Never complain to someone who has it worse off than you.